Welcome to this week’s episode of Low Season Traveller Insider Guides.
Today we’re delighted to be joined by Chalana Perera who is the Founder of Retrace Hospitality in Sri Lanka.
Now, Chalana has been a friend of Low Season Traveller for quite some time and when you hear from him, we think you’ll see why.
Chalana is on a mission to help hospitality businesses progress with purpose. He partners with investors, developers and operators to regenerate long-term value by repositioning real estate and hospitality assets.
He founded RETRACE Hospitality with a conviction to prioritise responsible business practices, embracing regeneration as a catalyst for change in hospitality development.
He is dedicated to the promotion of Sri Lanka as a truly sustainable destination and we are so proud to call him a friend of low season traveller.
So let’s hear from the man himself as we welcome Chalana to the podcast to tell us all about the wonderful low seasons in his home in the Indian Ocean….
Episode Links and Notes from Chalana:
- The Sinharaja Rainforest – which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site;
- Horton Plains National Park – another UNESCO World Heritage Site in the central highlands. The link is a page from Tales of Ceylon, a recently launched interactive Digital Guidebook to Sri Lanka;
- Kandy Perahera – an annual cultural pageant, parading the sacred tooth relic featuring Royal elephants and fire dancers in the hill Kingdom of Kandy
- Banyan Camp – an off-the-grid, family-run barefoot eco-retreat in Hambegamuwa, remote rural Sri Lanka which I referred to towards the end of the podcast. I want the low season travel audience to take a look at what they are doing as they are truly regenerative and off the beaten path.
- Why Sri Lanka is the destination for Wellness – Blog post from Santani, which is considered the best wellness retreat on the island.
- Recently Sri Lanka Tourism published this new 2 min video clip showcasing the Sinharaja Rainforest, which we discussed during the podcast recording.