Located on the Puerto de la Cruz coastline, alongside black sand beaches, the Botanical Gardens and the Loro Parque conservation area, the Botanico Hotel provides the perfect setting for luxurious relaxation. For over twenty years the award-winning resort has belonged to the “Leading Hotels of the World” group which is renowned for its quality of service and facilities. Peace and tranquillity is the ethos of this hotel, from the verdant, fountain-filled gardens to the incredible art collection on display along the plush carpeted corridors.
The stunning Oriental Spa Garden was voted the Best Spa Hotel in Europe at the Conde Nast Awards. Alongside the hammam steam baths, pools and thermal circuits you can also indulge in some innovative treatments such as chocolate baths, fruit wraps and Japanese cherry blossom peels.
The Hotel Botanico is, without doubt, one of the most prestigious 5-star luxury hotels on the Canary Islands set amidst more than 6 acres of magnificent landscaped gardens. Classical in style, there is a timeless grace and tranquil ambiance throughout our hotel. We are situated in Puerto de la Cruz with amazing views of Mount Teide and offer a range of high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches.
The Hotel Botanico is located in the exclusive residential area La Paz in Puerto de la Cruz, opposite the Botanical Gardens where it enjoys extraordinary views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. The Hotel is within walking distance of the town centre to where a complimentary hotel shuttle service is available as well (from Mon. till Sat. AM, except public holidays). The famous animal theme park Loro Parque, including the world’s best Orca facility, is under the same ownership as the Hotel Botanico and is located nearby. A visit to the park is a unique experience and a must for visitors to Tenerife.
GUEST ROOMS & SUITES
All of our 252 rooms and suites offer a private furnished balcony or terrace, A/C, armchairs, mini-bar, satellite flat-screen TV, electronic safe, direct dial telephone, ADSL internet connection, marble bathroom with bathrobes and slippers and luxury amenities.
200 Deluxe twin/double rooms (35 sqm) including private furnished balcony. Elegantly decorated in clear Burgundy colours with ample use of natural day light. Rooms have spectacular Town/Ocean or Garden/Mountain or Spa Garden views. A large number of non-smoking and inter-connecting rooms is available on request.
- THE SLIM*(lunch and dinner): Get back in shape and tone while enjoying a relaxing holiday in an idyllic setting. With our program “Botanico Slim & Wellness”, you will enjoy an exquisite low calorie cuisine that will delight your palate for the great taste and aroma of its dishes, distributed in three daily meals that will make you rediscover the dietary cuisine and forget that you are eating to lose weight.
- IL PAPPAGALLO* (dinner only): Il Pappagallo serves its classic Italian/ Mediterranean cuisine, using only the freshest ingredients, in an airy and Mediterranean atmosphere while offering stunning views of Puerto de la Cruz and the Atlantic. In summer its delightful dishes can be tasted in the open-air on the terrace.
- THE ORIENTAL* (dinner only): Opened in 1996 by Queen Sirikit of Thailand, our Oriental restaurant offers Asian style fine-dining, including a wide range of mouth-watering authentic Oriental dishes. The menu varies on a regular basis and offers delicate and delightful Thai, Vietnamese, Malaysian, Indonesian, Chinese and Japanese cuisine. It offers outstanding service in an elegant atmosphere and is the ideal place for any occasion.
- PALMERA REAL (lunch only): The open-air restaurant La Palmera Real is located in the heart of the hotel’s subtropical gardens near the main swimming-pool. In the shade of the palm trees you can sit back and enjoy our menu that offers a range of options from a light bite to a full lunch. During the morning hours you can enjoy your choice from our extensive breakfast buffet as well on the peaceful terrace of La Palmera Real.
- BAR Hall The Bar Hall offers a sophisticated setting for coffee, tea and refreshments with the best pastries and sandwiches throughout the day. It offers panoramic views of the hotel’s lush gardens and a permanent exhibition of nineteenth and twentieth-century Canarian art. It is also the perfect venue for evening entertainment, serving exotic cocktails with daily live music and entertaining shows on a regular basis.
THE ORIENTAL SPA GARDEN
“The Oriental Spa Garden” is inspired by Asian splendor and hospitality. It is a unique Spa facility situated in its own private garden, exclusively accessible for our hotel guests. Our guests as of 16 years of age have free access to the Thermal Circuit with indoor and outdoor swimming-pools with underwater massage, Japanese sauna, Laconium, Turkish bath, aromatherapy room, ice temple, experience showers, Jacuzzis, indoor and outdoor relax areas with warm water beds, cardiovascular fitness room and daily activity classes. You can reserve one of our 20 individual treatment rooms for a relaxing massage or health and beauty treatment, or enjoy an open-air Oriental massage in our authentic Thai pagoda, enjoy the service of our first-class hairdresser with manicure and pedicure or celebrate any special romantic event together with your partner in our Private Dragon Spa
The hotel offers free use of its golf Putting Green on a surface of 5.000sqm. The Royal Golf Club “El Peñon” in Tacoronte (par 71) with 18 holes and only 15 minutes away from the Hotel, was founded in 1932 and offers to all our guests a reduction on green fees (except weekends and public holidays.). There is the golf course in Buenavista “La Isla Baja” with 18 holes and 40 minutes away from the hotel, designed by Severiano Ballesteros. The Hotel Botanico has reduced green fees on most of the Golf courses on the island. Golf reservations can be made through the Reception or through our Reservations dept.
For families with children between 2-15 years of age we offer excellent rates in two interconnecting Deluxe rooms, which can be booked as a family unit. We also offer special children’s menus, a paddling pool, tennis courts, ping/pong, babysitting and early meals on request.
OTHER LEISURE FACILITIES:
More than 25.000 sqm. of lush tropical gardens surround our 3 heated swimming pools, 2 of which are situated in The Oriental Spa Garden. Enjoy a walk around our lake with Japanese Koi carps, surrounded by towering trees and subtropical flora. For tennis fans we offer two floodlit tennis courts free of charge. For those who want to read a book or watch TV outside their room, we have a comfortable TV room with leisure area, including library and pool table on the mezzanine floor. Nearby the hotel you can find spectacular volcanic beaches and natural pools, squash, scuba-diving, horse-riding and beautiful hiking paths.