This is a huge private estate in Southwest France, set in 630 acres of breathtaking unspoilt Mediterranean landscape. The surrounding area is renowned for its spectacular views and natural beauty, with vineyards, olive groves, pine forest, and wild lavender-covered hillsides stretching as far as the eye can see. From wine tours and cooking lessons to wild swimming and horse trekking, enjoy everything this exquisite region of France has to offer.
Less than an hour from the beaches and sitting in the foothills of the Pyrenees, the Domaine de Carcassonne is a destination for all seasons. Be it a relaxing holiday with friends and family, a corporate retreat, or a significant birthday party, every corner of this beautiful and tranquil estate is yours to enjoy and explore. The Domaine has 11 beautiful bedrooms and suites to accommodate up to 22 guests.
The serene tranquillity of the Domaine is unrivalled in the region, with its peaceful silence being broken by nothing but the harmonious chorus of cicadas during the day and the song of nightingales after dark. When the sun rises at dawn, revealing rolling hills and forest as far as the eye can see, you could be forgiven for thinking that civilisation is a million miles away. Yet, with the medieval city of Carcassonne so close by, offering vibrant summer festivals, sight-seeing, wine tasting, and great dining, and with the option of day trips to fine beaches and even the Pyrenees, the estate is the perfect base to explore this culturally rich region.
The main house has been beautifully restored in traditional Provençal style and tastefully decorated throughout with original antiques. Near the main house is an old French bergerie, perfect for a romantic escape. The cottage can be rented as part of the main house for larger groups, or on its own during the lower seasons.
The domaine is a destination for all times of year. In autumn, discover the surrounding area cloaked in autumnal colours, when the vines turn various shades of orange and red. In winter, spend thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve at the house. You will be kept warm with the beautiful fireplaces and extensive heating system.
- Ground floor. Entrance hall. Guest cloakroom.Living room. Sitting room with cinema screen. Dining room. Kitchen with back kitchen. Utility room.
- First floor. Eight bedrooms, six with en-suite bathrooms, two share a bathroom.
- External twin bedroom. Two bedrooms. Bathroom. Kitchen & living room.
- Eight bedrooms and seven bathrooms in main house
- Three bedrooms and one bathroom in cottage, with simpler accommodation
- Maximum occupancy: 22 guests
- About 15 minutes from Carcassonne
- About 5 minutes from Palaja, nearest village with shops
- Large swimming pool
- 1100 sqm in the main house
- Home cinema & satellite TV
- Heating and roaring fires for winter rentals
- Wine tours & tasting: 700,000 acres of vineyards, the largest wine producing area in the world
- Horseback trekking: horses brought to the Domaine, for both beginners and experienced riders
- Cooking classes
- Phenomenal food markets and shops
- Multitude of bistros and high end restaurants
- Walking & hiking
- Canal du Midi cruises
- Cycling, golf & tennis
- Music & Festivals
- Maid service daily, two maids for two hours
- Chef on request
- Food & drink delivery possible