Designed to resemble a North African citadel with sandstone turrets rising from a luxuriant garden of tropical flora and palm trees, the property covers a vast surface area yet the design creates a sense of intimacy and privacy by incorporating hidden gardens and quiet corners. Colonial-style with contemporary art work, offering generous floor space, enormous comfortable beds and elegant en suites. Large balconies are completely private and a romantic spot from which to watch the sun setting behind La Gomera. The hotel’s 10 restaurants offer a high standard of dining and menus ranging from traditional Canarian to Argentinian. At the top end, there are two Michelin-starred options: MB, the signature restaurant of the Basque chef Martin Berasategui, and Kabuki, managed by executive chef Daniel Franco and specialising in Japanese fusion cuisine.
A timeless island retreat of natural beauty and endless possibilities, The Ritz-Carlton, Abama is designed to harness Tenerife’s unique climate, offering a holistic experience for guests of all ages. Mastering rest and play, by land and sea, the resort is the ultimate host for rest and relaxation, indulgence, wellness and active travel, consistently delivering with the warmth of service associated with its brand DNA and The Ritz-Carlton standards.
- 459 luxurious Rooms & Suites
- A bastion of culinary excellence
- Luxury Spa with indigenous therapies
- The largest Ritz Kids in Europe
- Indoor and outdoor meetings & events space
- Central location for land and sea adventures
Guest Room Features & Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Personal safe
- Mini bar
- High-Speed Internet connection
- Array of national and international television channels
- Two in-room telephones
- Plush linens
- Marble bathroom with separate shower, toilet and sinks
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Hair dryer
- Laundry and dry cleaning services
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Ihome docking station
Property Features & Amenities
- A selection of fine dining venues, including the Michelin-starred Japanese-fusion restaurant Abama Kabuki
- An impressive collection of wellness facilities including seven swimming pools, and a state-of-the-art fitness center
- Ocean-view accommodation including Deluxe Rooms and Suites in Citadel and Villas, and Rooms and Suites in adults-only Villas with exclusive services and additional tranquility
- Award-winning The Ritz-Carlton Spa, drawing inspiration and ingredients from the Canary Islands; featuring a garden, a wellness experience and variety of treatment rooms
- Indoor, outdoor and beachfront venues for Meetings, Weddings and other events, complemented by professional planning services and custom catering
- The largest Ritz Kids in Europe, based Jean-Michel Cousteau´s environmental program
- On-site shopping area in Exclusive Shops at The Ritz-Carlton, Abama
- Access to Abama Golf, 18-hole championship golf course, designed by Ryder Cup player Dave Thomas, with challenging and varied terrain, located just 1,1 km away from the Resort
- Close distance (1,4 km) to Abama Tennis, with seven tennis courts and four paddle courts
The Ritz-Carlton, Abama is perfectly aligned to The Ritz-Carlton social and environmental responsibility program, Community Footprints.
Our current initiatives include:
- Desalination plant camouflaged integrated into the natural environment.
- All the water used in the hotel is taken from the ocean and treated in the desalination plant.
- 262 square meters surface of solar panels to provide our guest with hot water for their shower, air-conditioning and to heat the swimming pools.
- Recycling of glass and cardboard.
- Recycling of batteries and plastics.
- Ink cartridges are sent to a private company for recycling.
- LED lights bulbs are present in the hotel corridors.
- Use of energy-saving light bulbs in all rooms and suites.
- Earth Hour: Every year, we turn off the lights for an hour (along with the worldwide initiative) where possible throughout the resort and invite our guests to do the same in their rooms, while joining us in candlelit activities in the Lobby terrace. We celebrated Earth Hour on March 30th 2019 with great success.
- The resort has completely switched to plastic-free straws.
- Currently working on eliminating the use of plastic bottles and cups, along with all Marriott hotels worldwide.
- Recycling bins will be placed in all rooms and event venues by the end of the year.
- Check-in: 5:00 p.m.
- Check-out: 12:00 p.m.
- Guest rooms must be guaranteed by credit card
- For most reservations, guestrooms cancellation is permitted with at least 24 hours notice prior to arrival without penalty. For stays between December 18 and January 2, cancellation is permitted with at least 60 days prior to arrival, in order to avoid penalty charges.